Health Insurance Companies In Nigeria
The health insurance sector in Nigerian has had a slow growth in the past years but currently, there has been a lot of improvement. The growth is as a result of government implementations in the health sector and the National health insurance scheme being embraced by many of the people. Insurance companies are mostly known to the public with what they offer, their track record in the services they provide and also, from peoples reviews or testimonials on their experience with the insurance firms.
Several health insurance companies have set foot in Nigeria since the introduction of the National health insurance scheme in 2005 that led to a steady increase in the number of citizens being insured from 150,000 lives to 5 million. Let’s discuss some of the good health insurance companies in Nigeria below:
- Hygeia international ltd – with more than 27 years of offering their health care services in Nigeria, Hygeia is one of the largest and well known insurance companies in the country. Hygeia Nigeria limited offers stress free access to great health care through four different world class organizations which include: Hygeia HMO, Lagoon hospitals, Hygeia community health care and Hygeia foundation. The key focuses of Hygeia are; provision of affordable quality healthcare, best in-patient and out-patient healthcare services and to provide excellent education & training to health care professionals.
- Defence health maintenance ltd – this is a Health maintenance organization owned by the Ministry of defence and the Nigerian armed forces. The Defence health maintenance ltd was created with the aim of providing access to quality health care services for all qualified military personnel both who are serving & retired and their families too.
- Healthcare international – specialize in offering professional health insurance services and a wide range of health care benefits to personnel and families. Health care international offer different medical plans in order to meet most of their clients health care requirements. To become a member of this quality health insurance provider, it’s more than open to everyone as long as you are aged below 75.
- Premium health limited – this is a health maintenance organization that was registered in 1997 with the aim of providing quality health care services to individuals, families and organizations. Premium health limited treats every person’s case as special. Their services mostly leave a positive impact on people’s lives. Premium health limited have also grown their membership from 1,300 to over 250,000 plus.
- Princeton health group – it was accredited as a health maintenance organization in 2005 by the National health insurance scheme. Princeton health limited provides quality and cost effective health care services to people. Some of the services that Princeton health limited offers include: 24 hours customer service for its members, local ambulance evacuation services and 24 hours healthcare and preventive plan. Princeton also offers several health plans such as capitation, Fee-for-service and student health insurance.
Is hygeia health benefit still on,because i visited one of your office at ikeja to renew my membership 2016and i was told the benefit has closed if yes,when should we expecting other plan