Acquiring a health insurance plan can help you save a lot on total medical/healthcare costs. What does the term ‘health insurance’ mean? Health insurance is a contract between an individual, private firm, government agency or a non-profit organization and an insurance company created to cover the risks associated with medical expenses by the insured.
The company or firm buys a health plan or insurance policy in co-ordination with an insurance firm and they end up paying premiums which covers most or all medical expenses whenever the need arises.
The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in Nigeria released a comprehensive list of newly re-accredited Health Management Organisations (HMOs) in the country. eHealthInsurance platform listings proudly presents some of these Health Partners for, and at your convenience!
Most of the people around the world get their health insurance via their employers paying premiums for them either whole or partly. Some of the common terms that a person should be familiar with before obtaining a health insurance plan are as follows:
Premium – this is the amount the insured or policy holder pays to the insurance firm for coverage of their health plan. The premiums to be paid vary drastically from person to person according to the cost of the plan opted for, how likely the policy holders will need those services, age of the insured, the geographical location of the policy holders, size of the family and whether the insured is on drugs like tobacco or not. These factors are considered before the premium to be paid is set by the health insurance company.
Co-insurance – this implies that after the deductibles have been cleared, both you and your insurance firm have to share the costs of the covered medical services. For instance, the plan might have 80/20 coinsurance which would mean that the plan pays up to 80% while you pay the remaining 20%.
Co-payment – some health care plans require the insured to pay for some services before they pay for the services incurred. For example; an insurance firm may require the insured to pay N8000 for a doctors’ visit or for emergency services before it pays for other services. This payment is made only for a few specified services that the insured incurs.
Health insurance should be embraced by many as it helps to cover for unexpected and high medical costs.
Oh thanks to you guys for your help. I will not hesitate to recommend the eHealthInsurance site services to anyone looking for instant health care insurance quotes or even quotes for other classes of insurance. You’ve been of tremendous assistance and it’s very much appreciated.. The customer service here is also top notch.. through the quotes engine I was able to get suitable insurance plans for me and my family. It’s a relief to know that there is a wonderful online tool for instant quotes from several health care providers powerfully suited for those who are self employed like me! The swiftness and time saving feature of this platform alone will always make me recommend it to my friends and family anytime!Mel
This site was recommended to me recently by a friend to help me with health insurance. I found this service wonderful as it attended adequately to my health care insurance needs. I was able to access and evaluate several provider alternatives and quotes in a short time. My concerns and inquiries were also very well attended to in a very satisfying manner. In my humble opinion I think this is a wonderful innovation that can help anyone to find great health care plans at a price that is comfortable. It would have been stressful going physically from one HMO’s office building to another comparing quotes and plans.. I was able to achieve same from a single point right here online for health insurance, saving me a lot of stress. Nice one guys!Mimi