Top List Of Accredited HMOs In Nigeria
The Nigerian health insurance sector has grown and expanded since the National health insurance scheme became operational in 2004. A Health maintenance organization (HMO) is a private or public incorporated company that is registered by the National Health Insurance scheme to only manage the provision of health care services via the health care facilities that are accredited by the scheme. In 2012, there were 66 accredited health maintenance organizations in Nigeria, but today, they’re about 60 accredited HMOs operating in Nigeria. Although there have been lots of recent mergers, acquisitions and re-accreditations, below are some of the top list of accredited HMOs in Nigeria (health maintenance organizations):
- AVON Healthcare Limited – located in Ikoyi, Lagos state; AVON HMO provides its clients with Affordable Health Insurance plans for Individuals, Couples, Families, Small Businesses and Corporate organizations in Nigeria. AVON HMO is on the lips of several Nigerians and it is meeting the expectations of health insurance shoppers.
- Premium health limited – headquartered in Ikoyi, Lagos state, Premium Health HMO offers robust insurance cover to individuals, groups and corporate entities and it appears to be back and better after a brief period of hibernation (figuratively speaking).
- Total Health Trust limited – headquartered in Palmgroove estate in Lagos; Total Health Trust HMO offers top quality health insurance services to individuals, small businesses and large corporate organizations. Their HMO plans are a bit pricey compared to other HMOs, however be rest assured that you will be getting the best quality health cover that money can buy. This is the most preferred HMO for expatriates and businesses looking to buy an ‘above average’ health insurance cover.
- United health care international limited – located in Lagos, they offer various health insurance plans to individuals, groups, families and large businesses..
- Mediplan healthcare limited – Incorporated in 2000, this is another preferred HMO for small and medium scale businesses in Nigeria. They have got robust plans well suited to varieties of budgets and coverages. Medi plan HMO is headquartered in Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Healthcare international limited – located in Lagos, Nigeria: healthcare international provides very comprehensive and flexible international health insurance to its clients from individuals to corporate bodies in Nigeria.
- Prepaid Medical services limited – located in Abuja, prepaid medical services limited provides services that are personalized for individuals, families, groups and corporate organizations.
- Integrated Healthcare limited – located in the capital city, Abuja; integrated healthcare provides health insurance coverage to individuals, family and corporate entities, its health insurance packages also provide for emergency services and counseling.
- Clearline international limited – this is one of the largest health maintenance organization in Nigeria with over 2000 healthcare providers and thirteen centers nationwide. This HMO has been accredited for more than 20 years now hence its reputation as one of the oldest. Located in Lagos, it provides healthcare services to employees, individuals and their families across Nigeria.
- Zuma health trust – located in Abuja, Zuma health trust provide its healthcare plan to individuals, families and corporate entities.
- MetroHealth HMO limited – This HMO focuses on the provision of quality health services by providing quick, personalized and seamless quality healthcare support services to clients whether young, middle-aged or old. It is headquartered in Lagos Island, Lagos state.
- Hygeia HMO Limited – Located in Marina, Lagos. Hygeia HMO is one of the most preferred HMOs for companies (small, medium and large scale corporations). Hygeia HMO plans are popular and affordable, supported by a huge health provider network nationwide. Hygeia HMO and provide clients with healthcare savings accounts, and cater to individual & group healthcare insurance. Hygeia HMO makes our top list of accredited HMOs In Nigeria.
- Axa Mansard Health Insurance – Axa Mandard health Insurance arm is not an HMO per say, but a full health insurance company. This is also a popular choice for health insurance buyers with robust plans and pricing arrangement catering to individuals, families and companies. Axa Mansard Insurance is headquartered in Victoria Island in Lagos.
The above list is not totally exhaustive of the top list of accredited HMOs in Nigeria. We only selected a few to write on however, based on popular opinion, we will continue to add more to this list and update them based on recent news of mergers, acquisitions and re-accreditation involving the HMOs in Nigeria.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below. Also feel free to share your recent experiences with any of the HMOs.